After 36 years of teaching, coaching, and mentoring 7-12th grade teenagers, and college-age young adults, Shelly Donahue knows they are struggling in this culture and need to be set free to reach their hopes and dreams for their future!
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the “brokenhearted,” to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.” Isaiah 61:1 (NKJ)
Teenagers and college students text, call, email, “Friend” on Facebook, and/or wait for Shelly after a presentation with questions and comments like these:
- Hey Tall Lady, are you coming back!
- “I’m addicted to porn, can you help me?”
- “My stepdad’s been molesting me since I was 10, can you help me?
- “How do we tell a guy ‘No?”
- “My boyfriend likes to watch porn. If I do what’s in porn, will he like me?”
- “What if I’m never getting married. Are you telling me I can never have sex?”
- “Man, how do you get girls to stop texting you?”
- “Your talk is too late for me – I’ve already done it.”
- “This was awesome – thanks for coming to our school!”
Without God, and without following His intentions for us, God’s plan for our sexuality is distorted.
The good news, in the midst of our sexual brokenness, is that God still loves our kids deeply. He longs to reconnect with them and to begin healing, restoring and transforming them.
All throughout Scripture, we see that God has a special place in His heart for people who messed up sexually. Jesus brought forgiveness and restoration to many people who were caught in sexual brokenness. In the same way, Jesus is standing with His arms open to each of us. We’ve all had our identity, relationships, sexuality and desires impacted by sin. He invites us to experience new life, forgiveness, true relational intimacy with Him and healthy relationships with others.
In a hurting world there is hope, healing and renewal for our kids. Contact Shelly now to schedule an appointment for your teenager or young adult at, 720-935-1617, or leave a message on this webpage and Shelly will respond to you quickly.
Coaching calls occur over the phone or Skype unless you’d like to meet in person and typically last up to 1 hour.
Coaching call fee is between you and the Lord. Don’t ask what it costs – pray and ask the Lord, “What is it worth?”